I use trees in many of my designs as they are a symbol of strength and endurance, this design has been inspired by the Egyptian Tree of Life. The Tree of Life (an Acacia Tree in this case) depicts the five stages of human life shown as birds, infancy, childhood, youth, adulthood and maturity. The first four phases of life face to the East towards the sun which gives us life and light whereas maturity faces the West as it prepares for death.
Finished size approx. 32” w x 36” h
This kit includes a colour pattern with template sheets, printed fabrics which include the pre-printed stitchery backgrounds & 5 hand painted buttons.
Get started on the project by cutting the swatches apart and then using the instructions in the pattern.
You Will Need to Add:
- Stranded embroidery threads, Lynette used Valdani #P8 old rose, #0120 stormy sky, #P4 aged white light, #0575 crispy leaf, #0578 primitive blue, #0518 dusty leaves, #078 aged wine, #P5 tarnished gold, #JP12 seaside and #H212 faded brown
- 25” x WOF beige Japanese yarn dyed fabric, background
- 1½” x 1½” square dark brown wool, applique
- 2” x 2” square red wool, applique
- 8” x 9” each of two shades mountain mist blue wool, flowers
- 26” x 35” stitchery stabilizer, optional
- 9 x ½” hexagon papers, Lynette used the semi water soluble
- Fusible web such as Soft Fuse or Vliesofix
- Apliquick rods, optional
- Appliqué paper, optional
- Fabric glue pen, optional
- Roxanne’s Glue Baste-It, optional
- Light box, optional
- Fine tipped fabric marking pen for dark and light fabric
- Backing fabric
- Binding fabric
- General sewing supplies