It's Summer in the garden, the flowers are in bloom and the orange tree is full of fruit just waiting to be picked. Felix the cat is having a lazy afternoon sleeping in the sun. To compliment the fabric from ‘Secret Garden’ a fabric line from Lynette Anderson Designs, Lynette has combined some simple appliqué and stitchery to create this lovely scene, what better way to finish it off than with one of her specially designed handpainted wheelbarrow button.
Wheelbarrow button available separately.
Pillow size approx. 17" square
You will need
- 9cm x 5cm (3½” x 2½”) dark cream print, house
- 9cm x 5cm (3½” x 2½”) dusky pink, roof
- 2.5cm x 4cm (1” x 1½”) blue, front door
- 20cm (8”) dirty blue print, outer border
- 10cm (4”) green print, inner border
- 1 x fat quarter print, pillow backing
- Stranded Embroidery threads, I used Weeks Dye Works #1223 schneckley gold
- #1303 charcoal, #1296 dolphin blue, #1323 cranberry ice, #1266 caper green, #1268 molasses brown, #2326 stone, #2200 kudzu green and #2242 cognac
- (DMC conversion #3828, #844, #926, #315, #3787, #3031, #3860, #3011 & #301).
- Button: 1 x wheelbarrow
- 30cm sq. (12” sq.) iron-on stitchery stabilizer, optional
- 50cm (18”) lightweight iron-on batting/Pellon
- Toy fill
- Fine tipped fabric marking pen
- Roxannes Glue Baste It, optional
- General sewing supplies
* Please note that Weeks Dye Works threads
are hand overdyed and give a softer look than
DMC plain colours will.